Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Everyone is oh so helpful!

From my mom to my friends to the nurse at the OB office - everyone has suggestions on how to kick start labor. Well, let's just review some of those options.

SEX - LOTS OF SEX

Ummm, am I the ONLY person who remembers what got me into this miserable mess?!?

CASTOR OIL
I can barely choke down my pre-natal vitamins and you think I will be able to drink that nasty shit???

WALK, WALK, WALK
I can imagine this is much easier accomplished when it doesn't feel like a head is coming out of your crotch. I'm just sayin'

BOUNCE ON A BIRTHING BALL
Now this one I may try b/c it doesn't seem too awful or tiring BUT we don't have a birthing ball at our house :( I may have Jamie bring it home from the clinic.

NIPPLE STIMULATION
I want to meet the crazy ass person who actually thought of stimulating their nipples for hours on end to induce labor. Perv...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So in wrap up I am too lazy to do anything to jump start this labor but I am still going to bitch about being pregnant every waking second of every day :)

4 comments:

Melissa said...

That's kind of what I figured would happen. I have a birthing ball if you want to borrow it.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I'll work on my nipples and see if it helps you out. Oh yeah ... that's nice. :)

Anonymous said...

Haha! That nipple comment gave me quite a visual! You KNOW a man thought of that.