Friday, November 27, 2009

Thankful

I am thankful that this blog is still here even though I have all but abandoned it :( I have been so busy lately that I haven't thought about the dear ole blog much. But I'mmmmmmmmmmm back!

So how is everyone here you ask?

Jamie is doing great - loves MOST parts of his new job. He worked all season with the local football team (his DREAM!) and they actually won a few games which was a change from the past few years. Whether Jamie had an impact or not...we will never know!

I am busy working, working, working. I have a few challenging students in my room and some days I struggle to stay sane. Most of my class is wonderful though - I am already realizing how much I am going to miss them next year :( They are learning and growing so much and it's awesome to introduce them to a whole new world of reading.

Hunter is doing EXCELLENT! He is doing math at a beginning 1st grade level and his reading is about 3rd semester Kindergarten --- I am amazed at how well he is doing. He is starting to sound things out and write phonetically and the transformation is amazing to watch. He is also growing like a weed!!! We bought him new shoes in August for school and 1 month later we had to buy him new shoes because he OUTGREW them in 30 days. ugh! It has been amusing though to watch him run like a newborn giraffe! lol He is finally getting used to those long legs.

Dane is Dane. I am hoping his strong-willed sense of self will help him later in life because it sure isn't helping him now! He sometimes lives in his own world where he makes the rules and when we try to interfere WATCH OUT! I am sure it is a phase and HOPEFULLY he will be out of it soon - all kids have to test the waters and he is no exception to the rule. When he isn't being so bull-headed he is a very funny kid; very goofy sense of humor. He is also doing well in pre-school - shockingly they say he is shy and reserved there - HA!

Colt is a pistol. He thinks he is one of the big kids and wants to do everything they do. He still doesn't talk much but he gets his point across with pointing, grunting, stomping, etc... He has a smile TO DIE FOR and a giggle that you can't help but smile at. He loves his brothers and is even hugging Hunter as I type this. (until Hunter bucked him off and made him cry! brat!) He has to have surgery in 9 days and my nerves are starting to get the best of me about it. But I know that everything will be fine.

I still truly believe that moving to Kentucky was meant to be. I love our community, I love how close I am to my parents now (see them and interact more) and I love my job more than I thought possible. Jamie sometimes gets frustrated by how much I have to work BUTTTTT I have to remind him that I will have 3 months off in the summer, which somehow doesn't make him feel better since he will be working!!! lol I still get anxiety when I think about the house in Michigan as it has yet to be sold, but eh - it's just a house. I do ok with being away from friends and family until they come to visit -- then it makes me realize that I miss them more than I really admit. Don't get me wrong - I LOVE when they visit but it just makes me realize how much I miss them. The great thing about visits is that we spend true quality time together whereas we didn't always take the time to do that when we lived near each other.

So that is what is new with us. I promise to try to do better with my postings :) *muah*

0 comments: